November 02, 2013

New In - Skagen Watch

I was looking for a new watch for some time but couldn't find that perfect one I was looking for. Yesterday I went on a shopping trip to Breda (The Netherlands) with my sister. There, I finally found a watch and I'm so happy with it! 



Skagen is Danish brand, founded in 1989 by Henrik and Charlotte Jorst, who had moved from Denmark to New York in 1986. In 1989 the couple decided to establish their own business, as US representatives for a Danish manufacturer of corporate branded business gift watches and for exclusive Jacob Jensen designer watches which they showed at a corporate gift fair in New York 1991. 
However, at the fair they were encouraged by several retailers to market the watches under their own brand instead of chasing the corporate gift market. Thus the brand Skagen Denmark was born, taking its name from the Danish fishing village of Skagen. The company logo symbolizes the meeting of the Skagerak and the Kattegat seas at the tip of Skagen. 






Here you have some other pictures from my trip to Breda. I was there the entire day and still had the feeling I saw only a very small part of all the shops, so I'm definitely going back some other time!





Maison Scotch Shop - I love the clothes and the interior design of the shop!





On our way back home

Thanks for reading!
Love, Louise


No comments:

Post a Comment