Every week again... we're presenting another album of bands or singers we currently love. This week: Efterklang - Parades
|Efterklang - Parades (2007)|
Their debut album, Triper, was released in 2004 to warm critical acclaim.
Their second album, Parades, released in October 2007, received widespread critical acclaim by the likes of Mojo, Uncut, Drowned in Sound and Stylus Magazine. Parades was named the 38th best album released between april 2005 to April 2009 by Clash.
Their third full-length album Magic Chairs was Efterklang's first on their new label 4AD, released in February 2010. This album won IMPALA's European Independent Album of the Year on 28 February. The record was also very well received by Pitchfork Media.
In 2012, they released their fourth album Piramida to good reviews. BBC Music said: "This see-saw, between exquisite gloom and bruised hope, is part of what makes Piramida so powerful."
3. Him Poe Poe
4. Horseback Tenors
6. Frida Found a Friend
7. Maison de Réflexion
8. Blowing Lungs Like Bubbles
11. Cutting Ice to Snow
|Print included to the CD|
- The name Efterklang comes from the Danish word for "remembrance" or "reverberation".
- In September 2008, Efterklang and the Danish National Chamber Orchestra performed Parades at the Copenhagen Concert Hall, the performance was documented on a limited edition LP/DVD set entitled Performing Parades.
- In 2010, French filmmaker Vincent Moon and Efterklang's live band met up on an island off the Danish coast. The wanted to shoot a film with the same length as an album, and a film full of performances, experiments and collaborations. The result was called An Island.
- Efterklang has released material on their own label, called Rumraket. So far, the Rumraket roster includes releases from Grizzly Bear, Amiina, Cacoy, Erik Levander, Kama Aina, Slaraffenland, Taxi Taxi! and Canon Blue.
- From December 2012 Efterklang went on tour with their new 6-piece band. In 2013, the Piramida tour will take the band around North America and Europe.