When you're trying to get your health back on track, there are many ways to detox your way to feeling better. The best way to flush out toxins, however, is simple: lots and lots of water. Drinking water all by itself is a way to help flush the body of toxins on a daily basis, but with a few simple ingredients you can transform water into detox water and get even more benefit from it. This is something you can do each day, or as part of a more broad detoxing strategy.
As you can read below, there are many benefits of detox water. I'll also give you some of my favorite recipes!
|Lemon + Lime|
Benefits of detox water:
- Promotes Fresher Breath - Lemon juice is one of Mother Nature’s most effective disinfectants, making it a better morning beverage than coffee. You will have to drink liters of concentrated lemon juice on a daily basis in order for the acid to have any dismal effect on your teeth. In any case, you can always rinse your mouth with water after drinking lemon juice.
- Ensures balanced pH Levels in the Body - While it seems like a counter-intuitive move, drinking fresh lemon juice is actually good for maintaining a balanced pH level in the body. Most people assume that lemons are highly acidic, when in fact they have incredible alkalizing properties.
- Improves digestive function - Lemon juice contains acid that is very similar to the natural juices produced by the stomach. Ingesting fresh lemon juice will therefore help in keeping the digestive system on tract, which allows food to be digested properly (and more quickly).
- Strengthened immune system - Drinking fresh lemon juice with water aids in keeping the immune system alert and strong against maladies such as common colds and the flu.
- Promotes skin repair - The process of detoxing allows proper cell regeneration, which then manifests by way of glowing and younger looking skin. Vitamin C also promotes the production of collagen, which is a type of protein that is responsible for the skin’s elasticity.
- Cleanses and revitalizes the urinary tract - Flushing out liquid waste at a much faster rate reduces the risk of accumulating bacteria in the body, thus preventing a number of diseases such as urinary tract infection and many others.
- Detoxifies the liver - Drinking lemon water daily ensures the increased production of bile, which is a substance necessary for digestion. Conversely, lemon juice also controls the flow of excess bile, ensuring that it does not damage the digestive tract, particularly the stomach (as it can lead to ulcers). Imagine being able to reboot your liver function, thereby allowing it to remove toxins at an optimal level as if it is a brand new organ that is untainted by unhealthy eating habits and excessive consumption of alcohol and/or fat.
- Promotes faster healing and regeneration - Vitamin C happens to be one of the most important components in cell regeneration, which is a necessary step in keeping the body healthy. A healthy supply of vitamin C ensures stronger bones and teeth, healthier skin, better eyesight, and better joints.
- Effectively curbs appetite - For people who are desperately trying to lose weight but are often overcome by nagging cravings and urges to binge, the daily lemon juice-water routine is a great trick to use. Not many people are aware that lemon juice works well in terms of curbing a person’s appetite, thereby allowing him/her to effectively lose weight. The lemon juice allows you to feel full and satisfied for longer periods, which eliminates snacking in-between meals.
Some of my favorite recipes (just add ice or cold water to the fruit put it in your fridge for at least one night) :
|Rosemary + Lime + Basil|