February 15, 2014

Music Saturday - Youth Lagoon

Every week again... we're presenting another album of bands or singers we currently love. This week: Youth Lagoon - The year of hibernation




Youth Lagoon is an American art project started in 2010 by musician Trevor Powers. Powers has been active in Youth Lagoon since 2010. His debut album The Year of Hibernation was released on Fat Possum Records on September 27, 2011. The debut album explores themes such as psychological dysphoria and mental distress, and is based around minimalism and hypnotic ambience. Wondrous Bughouse, Youth Lagoon's second release, revolves around themes of the metaphysical universe. Powers’ music is a blend of Americana music and Experimental music with atmospheric and electronic elements. Youth Lagoon is based in Boise, Idaho.


"Youth Lagoon is something so personal to me because writing music is how I sort my thoughts, as well as where I transfer my fears," explains Powers. "My mental state is usually pretty sporadic...a lot of this record was influenced by a fear of mortality but embracing it at the same time.  Realizing that human life is only great because it is temporary.  Experimenting with ideas about dimensions.  I'm not a gifted speaker, so explaining things is difficult for me.  But music always makes sense."

Track list:
1. Posters
2. Cannons
3. Afternoon
4. 17
5. July
6. Daydream
7. Montana
8. The Hunt
9. Bobby (Bonus)
10. Ghost to Me (Bonus)











Thanks for reading!
Love, Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment